To protect your confidentiality, we take the following measures at smith + henderson:
1. No employee or manager can view your individual answers – these are merged with your colleagues.
2. We never break down results for any groups or teams with fewer than five responses (or higher if agreed with your organisation). If a group has fewer than five responses, its feedback will be rolled up into the next level of your organisation structure.
3. Nobody can see who did and who did not respond to the survey. Senior managers can only see the aggregate responses, like 26 out of 30 for Department A responded to the survey.
4. The qualitative comments that elaborate on a response are always confidential. The only way you could be identified is if you make a highly personal or situational comment, like “Since I joined the company on 5 December in the accounts team ….”
5. We ask demographic questions so we can understand how different groups of people feel across the organisation. If there are fewer than five respondents in any group, we will not show the results of that group in order to protect their confidentiality.
6. When managers receive their feedback, they will only receive a report showing the results for their overall team – they will not be able to break down their feedback or comments by demographic questions like length of service or age.
7. For some senior managers, responsible for large groups of employees, they may be able to break down their feedback by demographic questions, but only if there are at least five people who responded to the survey in each group. Senior managers are also unable to filter their comments by all demographic questions.
8. If you do not have a work email address, you may be given a code to enter when completing the survey. This is to help ensure nobody completes the survey twice. It will not be used in any way which enables your organisation to identify you.
9. We stand behind our confidentiality promise, but if there are any threats, abusive or criminal comments, we may review the comments on a case-by-case basis and may reveal the identity of the respondent if appropriate.
We do take survey confidentially very seriously. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about how we protect your confidentiality, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Note. The above rules apply to smith + henderson’s employee engagement surveys. For some customer, on-boarding and other types of surveys these may not apply.